ADAMINABY IS SO CENTRALLY LOCATED.
- Fish in Lake Eucumbene all year round;
- You can quickly drive to the BOAT RAMPS that access its northern waters safely;
- Fish in our local creek which is a 5 minute walk downhill;
- Drive to the Murrumbidgee and Eucumbene Rivers;
- Fly fish, Spin, Bait or Troll in our Lakes;
- Bushwalk in the magnificent Kosciusko National Park
- Enjoy our Town Heritage Walk and explore our past;
- See our 9x4m Hall Stage Curtains stage handcrafted by the community specifically for the Adaminaby Hall.
- The best place in Australia for you to get Brown and Rainbow trout,
- In walking distance of Adaminaby's world famous "BIG TROUT"
- Old Time Dance (Hall) & Picnic (Old A) during the second weekend in January;
- Easter Fair - each Easter Saturday;
Ski Season - opens Queen's Birthday weekend in June; closes October long weekend;
- Opening of Trout Season - the long weekend in early October.
Snowy Mountains Trout Festival - late Oct - first week of November;
- Adaminaby Race Day - second last Saturday in November;
- Men's Bowling Club Trout Triple Tournament - first weekend in December;
Camp Draft - second weekend in December.
Enjoy one of the really traditional, old fashioned Country Race meetings.The Adaminaby Jockey Club has won several Racing NSW's Awards for Excellence. So it's OFFICIAL, Adaminaby has the best country race meeting and YOU should be there.
THEME: 2015 - SPORTING HEROES
Enjoy a REALLY traditional Australian country race meeting with atmosphere.
Dress up, have heaps of fun, win an award in 'Fashions on the Field',
Or relax and go casual. There's a real picnic atmosphere where groups and the whole family can have a great time.
The EASTER FAIR
Last year was bigger, and better and more successful than ever.
So see you there again in 2016!
SKIING and SNOW ACTIVITIES
- Thirty minutes' drive from Selwyn Snowfields which has:
- 45 hectares with ski runs,
- downhill & cross country skiing,
- snowboarding, tobogganing, snow tubing,
- All types of family activities.
- WE HAVE a skiers' drying room.
Click here for Our Snow Report.
BUSHWALK & CYCLE and see:
- the Kosciuszko National Park,
- the numerous tracks and trails around Lake Eucumbene,
- the Yarrangobilly Limestone Caves and Thermal Pool,
- and see the Huts of the High Country,
- the historic goldfields and buildings, do the Heritage Walk at Kiandra,
- see the Spring wild flowers, rare plants and native animals.
- Observe Native Animals in our Park too.
THE TOWNSHIP OF ADAMINABY
Has ALL essential facilities:
- Post Office with banking facilities,
- Bowling Club
- Small Supermarket,
- Op Shop,
- Fishing Tackle Shop, Real Estate Agent,
- Several Churches,
- Swimming Pool,
- Nine hole Golf Course,
- An airstrip.
MAKE ADAMINABY THE CENTRE OF YOUR TOUR OF THE SNOWYS:
The Snowy Mountains Highway, on which Adaminaby is located, has an excellent, well maintained asphalt surface and is highly regarded by Motocyclists. Adaminaby is so centrally located you can easily visit:
- The remains of Old Adaminaby on the shore of Lake Eucumbene,
- Cabramurra, Australia's highest town,
- The Yarrangobilly Caves & Thermal Pool,
- The Blue Waterhole and Cooleman Caves,
- Kosciusko National Park and walking trails,
- The ruins of the historic goldfield town of Kiandra and follow the Heritage Trail,
- SELWYN SNOWFIELDS and enjoy our Winter playground
- The historic homesteads Coolamine & Currango,
- Historic Alpine Huts,
- The picturesque Yaouk Valley
- Organise your own guided day tour with driver and explore the hidden secrets and beauty of the Snowies. Find out more from the Snowy Mountains Touring Company's Brochure Day Tours in the Snowy Mountains
- Investigate the magnificent Snowy Mountains Hydro Electricity Scheme,
- Visit its many Lakes,
- Tour the Power Stations,
- See the many tunnels,
- Find out what life was like when the Scheme was being built at the Adaminaby Snowy Scheme Museum.